Why do Digital Health Startups fail?
It is known that the majority of startups fail. Several reasons are responsible for this. In this context, digital health startups play a special role. Primarily, their business model is often unconventional as they often need to work together with health insurance. Secondarily, the healthcare market is highly regulated and companies need to develop their products respecting the medical regulations.
Your task in this context is to investigate the reasons why, and in which stage, digital health startups fail. Furthermore, recommendations can be developed to support entrepreneurs overcome these hurdles.
Possible Research Questions (can be adapted to personal interest):
Why do digital health startups fail and in which stage?
What are the biggest hurdles for entrepreneurs in the early stages?
Which recommendations can be made to support digital health entrepreneurs?
- Insight into current research topics
- Intensive supervision of work and support
- Possibility for a joint scientific publication
- Interested in digital health and startups
- Good self-organization and communication skills
- A self-motivated and reliable way of working
Interested? Please send your grade statement, your curriculum vitae and a brief description of your motivation to Sascha Weimar: sascha.weimar∂kit.edu