From the conception of an idea to the final pitch, experience the life of a founder yourself through the seminar Startup X. Challenge yourself to experience the life of an entrepreneur and learn how to attain resources to realize your vision.
In the seminar, you develop entrepreneurial competences that enable you to develop a new venture. The focus is on technology-based venturing. In this context, we will use the TAS (Technology-Application-Selection) approach developed at the EnTechnon. By default, we start from KIT patents. We analyze the technology and use creativity techniques to find potential applications. Prototyping, business model development, and pitching are part of the seminar.
After completing this course, the course participants will be able to:
- Characterize the core process of TAS,
- Work effectively in a cohesive team,
- Use a technology characterization canvas to extract the core characteristics of a technology,
- Apply creativity techniques to ideate potential applications,
- Use utility analysis approaches to select a promising technology application,
- Develop a value proposition based on techniques like the value proposition canvas or the jobs-to-be-done method,
- Use approaches of technology impact assessment to implement responsible innovation processes,
- Apply advanced business modeling methods to develop a sound business concept,
- Develop and deliver a concise presentation (“pitch”) to communicate you project
Want to learn how to create new businesses and thrive in times of uncertainty? Sign up for Startup Experience and learn valuable skills to help you launch new ventures.
You can combine Startup X (6 ECTS) with the Entrepreneurship lecture (3 ECTS) to complete the module Entrepreneurship [M-WIWI-101488].
Registration for the seminar in WS23/24 is open in the WIWI-Portal until 05.10.2023.