We develop theory, evaluate it with empirical data and design management methods and systems. Our basic paradigm is that of human-centric cybernetics: We see new ventures as ‘vehicles’ of innovation that must be actively steered through their environment by a “kybernetes” (steersman) – the entrepreneur(s).
We want to study how to best design and steer ventures and want to understand the “laws” that matter in this context.
- Within research, we face the complex, but we strive for the simple.
- We combine rigor with relevance.
- Rigor relates to scientific methods and standards, relevance to the possibility to apply our knowledge in practice.
- We want to gain visibility and reputation based on our results.
Our Focus Areas
Venture as a Human-Centric Cybernetic System
- We develop an integral, empirically sound view of the venture creation process and design management methods for it.
- We consider the venture as a human-centric, self-organizing cybernetic system.
- Our focus area is that of technology-based innovations, mainly in the domains of energy, mobility and information.
- We focus on entrepreneurship and innovation as part of the network economy.