Orestis Terzidis heads the Institute for Entrepreneurship, Technology Management and Innovation (EnTechnon) at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT). After his doctorate in physics, he worked at SAP from 1998-2011, first as an application developer, later as assistant to CEO Henning Kagermann and director of the SAP Research Center in Karlsruhe. In October 2011, he joined KIT as a full professor.
Orestis Terzidis is active in the following committees/initiatives:
- Speaker of the BDI working group 'Internet of Energy'.
- Member of the Presidium of the Förderkreis Gründungsforschung (FGF) e.V. (Association for the Promotion of Start-up Research)
- Director of International Relations at KIT Department of Economics and Management
- Collaboration at the AG 'Business Models' of the acatech platform 'Learning Systems'.
- Member of the Cyberlab jury.
- Participation in the Opportunity Assessment Committee of EIT Inno Energy